Monday, July 9, 2012

Another Flat Tire R U Freaking Kidding me!!

July 9, 2012

So we headed to Ilwaco, but at the start of the day was my first flat.  I had not even got on the bike yet, so it surely is not my Fat (A).  Thats what I am saying and I'm sticking to it!!.  Peter laughed and said at the rate I was going it would be shear luck if we could even make a seventy mile day with no flats.  Oh just for the record I dont know if I told you all about Johnny he was officially our first rider we met on his way to Seattle with some friends for the fourth of July.   We rode with him for awhile and may see him again on the coast of Oregon since he is heading for San Diego.  Which by the way Peter says we should tell everyone because it sounds more adventurious(Sp) .  So off we went to Ilwaco on a beautiful day bellies full of Subway breakfast and coffee.  Halfway there, no tires flat,  almost there and especially down the hills, still no flats.  We passed Raymond and Brandon said next town we will get a treat (Peter told us if we treated ourselves we can possibly push more miles out).  Well little did we know there were no towns between Raymond and Ilwaco.  So luckily amongst my weight I had two snicker bars and Brandon had goo.  Save the day.  More hills and still no flats,  yippie as I was laughing and praying that I was glad for a hill a bee decided to ruin my happiness and was fighting with me and my lip.  Do not go down hills happy with mouth wide open amongst the hills.  Of course a perfect opportunity to meet new people from Canada, also touring.  Brandon was going to buzz by them and they wanted to talk with us.  They asked about how far the next town was then told us were they had been.  Wow what happened to you, Brandon says as he pulled up.  The dark cloud continues to hover over me.  Ugh.  Well glad to say we made it to Ilwaco with no flat tires.  Yippie.  So it was a good day after all and by the time we arrived my mouth was back to normal.  Till next time.

4 comments:

  1. Haa haa mick sounds like my luck lol. As we all know i normally am getting hurt so how crazy is this. Good to hear though all day riding and no flats betcha you made some good time eeehh. Love to hear from you guys glad its getting better. Ps snickers haa haa cant wait for your next updates xoxoxo
    Scott and trent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope your okay i miss you mom i will check your blog everyday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geezes sister, you are having the rottenest luck, just be safe. Love your blogs, Mom and Dad said to be careful and they are thinking of you. Thank you for letting us know where your at. Andrew and I are looking at the map where you are everytime you check in. Take some pictures so we can see the scenery. And don't smile to much, bees don't sound very appetizing. Maybe with a little ketchup, Haha. Love you, say hi to Brandon for us. Keep the blogs coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick says more pictures please....I don't read. :)

    ReplyDelete